Section B1 1a-2e
1) 能掌握以下单词：apartment, rocket, space, space station, even, human, servant, dangerous, already, factory, simple, over and over again, believe, hundreds of, inside, disagree, shape, fall, fall down, look for, possible, impossible
①—Where do you live？ —I live in an apartment.
② There are already robots working in factories.
③ It’s easy for children to wake up and know where they are.
④ That may not seem possible now, but computers and rockets seemed impossible 100 years ago.
Ⅰ. Warming- up and revision
1. Daily greeting.
2. 复习情态动词will 构成的一般将来时态的构成。
3. 复习more, fewer, less 后面所跟名词的情况。
Ⅱ. Lead in
1. Ask Ss some questions:
T: What will do in the future?
T: Where will you live?
T: How will you go to work?
Get some Ss think and answer the questions.
2. Present some new words on the big screen. e.g.
apartment, rocket, space, space station, human, servant, factory…
3. Explain some main words to the Ss . Give some examples on the big screen.
simple, over and over again, believe, hundreds of, disagree, shape, fall, fall down, look for, possible, impossible even, dangerous, already
4. Work on 1a. Write each word in the correct column below.
1. Work with your partners. Think of other words and write them in the chart in 1a.
2. Let Ss discuss the words and write them in the chart.
3. Let some Ss read the words.
Work on 1c:
1. Tell Ss to listen to Alexis and Joe’s conversation. and Number the pictures 1-3.
2. Play the recording for the Ss. Ss just listen for the first time. Play the recording again and number the pictures.
3. Play the recording and check the answers with the Ss.
Work on 1d:
1. T: Now please read the sentences in 1d. Tell Ss they'll listen to the tape again. Then try to fill in the blanks with the words in the chart.
2. Ss listen to the recording carefully and try to fill in the blanks.
3. Play the recording again and check the answers with the class.
4. Tell Ss one is Alexis and the other is Joe. Talk about Joe’s life now, 10 years ago and 10 years from now.
1. Work in groups. Tell your partner what you know about robots. What do they look like and what can they do?
2. Ask some Ss describe the robots they know.
1. T: Are you interested in robots? Do you want to have a robot?
2. Let Ss read the passage quickly and complete sentences below about what robots can do now.
3. Ss read the passage quickly and complete the three sentences.
4. Check the answers with the Ss.
1. T: Now let’s work on 2c. This time you should read the passage a little more carefully. Then write three sentences about what robots will be able to do in the future.
3. Ss read carefully and try to write the three sentences.
4. Check the answers with the class.
1. T: Read the passage again. This time you should read the passage and fill in the blanks in this paragraph with words in the article.
3. Let some Ss talk about their answers.