Unit 6 When was it invented
阅读课 Section A（3a-4c）
2.掌握下列词汇和短语:accidental, by accident, nearly, ruler, boil, remain, smell, saint, national, trade, take place, doubt, without doubt
Look at P43, put them into English orally, then write them down without looking at the text.
Phrases: Translate the phrases.
3.茶圣 ________________ 4.少于 __________________
5.发生 ________________ 6.在19世纪______________
Sentences: Translate the sentences
1. 你知道茶,世界上最受欢迎的饮料(仅次于水), 是偶然被发明的吗?
4. 毫无疑问, 中国人是最懂茶的本质的人.
Step2 Warming up and leading in热身导入
T: What will you do if you are really thirsty?
Would you like to drink these beverages?
T: beverage = drink n. 饮料
T: How do these beverages taste?
What’s the mo
Do you know the history of tea?
Can you guess how tea was invented?
S1: I guess it was invented by an inventor.
S2: I think it was invented by a peasant.
T: Now please read the passage about tea to check your guess. Let’s come to 3a.
1. Read for the general idea读取大意
The general idea of the article is about ________.
A. how tea was invented
B. the book Cha Jing
C. the history of tea
2.Read for the specific ideas读取细节
Task 1 Read the passage quickly and match each paragraph with its paragraph with its main idea.(skimming)
Paragraph 1 Lu Yu and his book Cha Jing
Paragraph 2 How tea spread to other countries
Paragraph 3 How tea was invented by accident
Task 2 Fill in the chart according to 3a (scanning)
Read paragraph 1 and fill in the blanks.
Read paragraph 2and answer the questions.
1. Who is called “the saint of tea”?
2. What is Cha Jing about?
Read paragraph 3 and fill in the blanks.
It ______ _______ that tea ___ __ ___
Step4 Post-reading activities读后活动
A. Listen to the tape and repeat.
B. Try to retell the text (look at the mind map).
C. Read and fill in the blanks.
T: Look at the picture . Do you know
The telephone ______(invent) by Alexander Graham Bell. He _____(born) in 1847. Mr. Bell _____(work) on the invention of the telephone with Thomas Watson. In 1875, Mr. Bell _____(learn) how to send musical notes through an instrument similar to a telephone. Finally, the telephone _____(invent) in 1876. The first sentence that _____(say) on the telephone by Mr. Bell was “Mr. Watson, come here; I want to see you.” Today the telephone ____ (use) around the world.
Step5 Inquiry int
一 When was the zipper invented?
It was invented in 1893.
Who was it invented by?
It was invented by Whitcomb Judson.
1. 一般过去时的被动语态的构成: __________________
2. 句式变化: 肯定句:______________
二 1. ….the Chinese
2. She doubt him, because he was ever dishonest.
doubt可用作名词, 意为________. 常用短语 without doubt, 意为_________.
doubt 还可用作动词, 意为_______, 可接名词, 代词, “疑问词+动词不定式” 作宾语.
Enjoy the interesting inventions in our life
Step6 The end-of- class test当堂检测
invent drink bring produce trade
1. One of the world’s favorite drinks was ____ by accident.
2. Tea was first _____ by Shen Nong about 5,000 years ago.
3. A nice smell was ____ when the tea leaves dropped into the hot water.
4. Tea was _____ to
5. Tea is now ____ between many different countries.
4a Rewrite the sentences using the passive voice.
1. They sold the fridge at a low voice.
2. Somebody stole my camera from my hotel room.
3. Where did you take these photos?
4. Our parents advised us not to go out alone.
5. Different writers translated the book into different language.
4b Complete the sentences with the correct forms of the verbs in the box.
eat lock like ring invite break tell bring
1.You _____ to the party last night, weren’t you? Why didn’t you go?
2. The earthquake happened all of a sudden, but luckily the villagers ____ to a safe place.
3. The door _____ when we arrived, so we _____ the bell.
4. The students ____ not to eat or drink in class, but Rudy ____ the rule when she started eating a biscuit in science class.
5.The cookies _____ by the hungry kids i
Inquiry into knowledge by
一 拉链是什么时候发明的? 它是1893年被发明的.
它是由谁发明的? 它是由Whitcomb Judson发明的.
was/were+ not +及物动词的过去分词
疑惑,疑问; 毫无疑问,的确; 怀疑
Step6 The end-of- class test
3a 1.invented 2.drunk 3.produced 4.brought 5.traded
4a 1. The
2. My camera was stolen from my hotel room by somebody.
3. Where were these photos taken?
4. We were advised by our parents not to go out alone.
5. The book was translated into different languages by different writers.
1. were invited 2. were brought 3. was locked; rang 4.were told; broke 5.were eaten; liked
|楼层||评论内容 共0条 查看完全内容||评论用户||日期|